The Maverick Bands | Charlotte, NC
The Maverick Bands are working hard to be recognized as one of the top band programs in Charlotte.
Events at a Glance
- 4/27-28/18 – North Learning Community High School Honors Band at Mallard Creek High School auditorium. Rehearsal from 4-9 pm on April 27th, and beginning again at 8 am on April 28th. Concert begins at 4:00pm.
- Jamboree at Hopewell High School will be Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 1:00pm
- 5/22/18 – Spring Band Concert (Symphonic and Concert Bands, Jazz Ensemble), MCHS auditorium, 7:00 pm
- End-of-Year Band Banquet will take place on Thursday, May 31, 2018 at MCHS. Please stay tuned for details.
From the Boosters:
- Visit our “Band Booster” page for the latest information.
- All volunteers must be registered as a CMS Volunteer. Go to www.cms.k12.nc.us to register.
- We are now accepting nominations for new officers for the 2018-19 school year.
- The next band booster meeting will be on Thursday, April 12, 2018.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Instagram @TheMaverickBands! and on Facebook at TheMaverickBands
Raise that Money
We are currently working on several fundraising options to help support the marching band, general fund. Please make sure you are actively participating and supporting the program. Please use the “Contact Us” page if you have any questions about a fundraiser or ways to support the band.
We encourage everyone to be involved with the Band Boosters and attend the monthly meetings (typically the 1st Thursday of the month). Our band is better because of dedicated parents/guardians like you. Please join us to make this year the best one yet. • President:...read more
Leadership Camp = 7/23-26 from 8am - 12pm (Drum Major, Section Leaders, Dance Captain, Band Officers) Pre-Band Camp = 7/25-26 from 8am - 12pm (rookies, Drumline, Color Guard, Band Officers) Band Camp = 7/30 - 8/2 from 8am - 5pm (Everyone) Band Camp = 8/6-9 from 8am -...read more
Mr. Tyler Curbeam (last year's Drum Tech) is our new Band Director! Mr. Curbeam is transferring to us from JT Williams Montessori School (a CMS magnet school), where he was the Band Director this past year. We are very excited about the potential of a new year. ...read more